Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter-It's all because of Him


This is us with Daphney on Easter! Oh yeah, she is getting baptized Saturday!!! We met her at the open house last month, and the other sisters have been teaching her! And, now she is getting baptized. Woohoo! 
Hey Family!! 

So, this week has been amazing on the spiritual side of things. I say that because I spent most of the week in bed. haha Everyone is getting sick it seems. But, I had the chance to really think a lot about what this time of year means for me. It means that I have a chance to become like God and Jesus again. That I have an eternal potential to return to my Father and to live as an eternal family. 

This week we focused on sharing the Easter video on Mormon.org, so hopefully everyone had the chance to see it! It's amazing :) But, it really does make me think about all the things I have been given as a daughter of Heavenly Father because He loves me and sent His Son to die for me. I really do have everything I could ever ask for in this life and more because of Him. Because He lived and died and rose again, I can live forever with all of you. I know that my Savior lives and loves me, He loves you. He wants us to find joy in the little things in life. He wants us to always be happy. 

Wednesday was temple day again! I absolutely loved the opportunity I had to go and be reminded of the great covenants I have made with God, but more importantly, the blessings that God has promised to me. He wants me to be the happiest that I can be as I am here, and for all eternity. I brought my patriarchal blessing along with me to the celestial room, I think that's okay? haha But, I was reading it and pondering it over there as I was thinking about the time I have spent on my mission, and the little time I have left. It seems like yesterday that I left and decided to change my course of life again, and I would never regret it. Maybe my life has been different than I could have ever imagined, but God knew it would be this way. He knew that I needed this opportunity to learn and grow and to meet all of these amazing people. He wanted me to change just a little more, get out of my comfort zone and really see my own potential. He wanted to see myself and others as they truly are, beautiful, talented, children of an eternal Being. And, this opportunity has given me this chance. 

We visited again with Leslie and it is interesting to see how the gospel is so profound, but simple enough that someone with little education can understand it just as perfectly. She is coming to understand for herself that the gospel is true. But, of course, Satan is right there, placing every obstacle in the way. We just need to have faith now that God will help her realize and gain the testimony that she needs to take these steps towards conversion. 

And, us sisters being crazy in the car :) Their car was in the shop all week, so we did a lot of chauffeuring around. haha Good thing I like to drive.
I am so grateful for the words of a living prophet and apostles. We are so blessed to live in this time of great prosperity spiritually. We have the true gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth. We have all the keys of the restored gospel here again. We have the ordinances necessary to become eternal families. I know that my family will live forever. I know that one day, I too will be married in the temple and receive those same blessings. I am so grateful that right now, I too am helping others receive those same saving ordinances. I got to email a girl back in my first area, Daniela. She was my first investigator that was baptized last year, and it is so exciting to see that their marriage will soon be eternal as they continue to make the steps necessary to enter the temple and be sealed together. I know that this is God's plan. That families can be eternal. That death is not the end. That there is happiness that extends beyond the veil. 

Love you all! Hope you have an amazing week. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment