Monday, April 14, 2014

Having strength on the Lord's errand

Woohoo! To an amazing week :) 

I'm pretty sure that every week is amazing on a mission though, it's our choice whether or not we want to smile and enjoy every moment of it. :) 

We were out doing a lot of contacting and finding this week, and we found Leslie! She is awesome!  :) Pretty much golden already. After the first lesson with her, she was asking if we could come back everyday to teach her. She wants a ride to church because her husband works. A member came with us the next day and they planned out scripture studies in the mornings while they are both home alone with kids at school. She asks us about everything. She asked if we always had missionaries in this area and why no one had ever knocked on her door before. She wanted to pray to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. Too bad Satan is getting in the way of things and wouldn't let her come to church yesterday, but she will for sure this weekend! Super exciting :) Miracles happening everywhere. We just need to see them! 

Had our last interviews with President Toombs on Tuesday...sad! I'm going to miss him for sure! I think that God needed to send me here so that I could have the chance to experience so much change. I will have interviews with 3 different presidents before I go home. I feel like all the changes that normal people go through in a life-time, I'm doing all in 18 months. But, it has definitely taught me a lot. I need to love everyone and find ways to help them along the way.

This week has been a lot of pondering about all the things I have been studying recently. We had our zone meeting on Wednesday and we talked a lot about the enabling power of the atonement, a subject I have been studying continuously for years now. President Boyd K Packer said, "For some reason we think that the Atonement of Christ applies only at the end of mortal life to redemption from the Fall, from spiritual death. It is much more than that. It is an ever-present power to call upon in everyday life. When we are racked or harrowed up or tormented by guilt or burdened with grief, He can heal us" ( in Conference Report, Apr. 2001, 28). It's so true! We can be given the power and strength we need to do the Lord's will. Not our own, but His. I think I am finally beginning to understand how that works in my life. I can't and won't have the strength to do everything, but He will give me the strength to do what He needs me to do!

Like President Monson always says, "Along your pathway in life you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and worlds to save." So, go out and find those people that the Lord wants you to serve and help along this difficult pathway we call life. 

This week is Easter, and it has a different meaning here on the mission than it ever has before. It's incredible. We are counting down the days to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior and Redeemer. He is our everything. He helps us to find strength in our everyday challenges and obstacles. And, this year we have a new message, a message of HOPE, INSPIRATION, LOVE, ENDURANCE. He came so that we could be. He came so that we can have the strength to continue on and to be better each and everyday. 

Check it out! Read about Him. Strengthen your testimony in the Savior and in everything that He did for you. Because of Him, you are who you are today. You are His brother or sister, you are His best friend. He died for you. How can you show that love back to Him? Be converted. 

Love you all! And I hope you have an amazing week :) Enjoy Easter! 
Hermana Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment